Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding Nemo - The Movie

Finding Nemo



We have all probably watched Finding Nemo at least one time, or in my case, many times. But now that I have taken Biology 11, when I watched it again a few days ago, I really noticed a ton of new things! For example, I saw many new things such as the random Flatworm that was just swimming, the Seahorse was with it's father (not the mother, because the father gives birth to the babies), and that fish that was just laying in the sand because it's skin was camouflage (a great way to hide from predators). Now that I have noticed all these new things, I also started to wonder interesting questions. Such as "Why did the Squid ink?", "How is that useful?", and "What allowed the Squid to ink?". A theme that I can relate to this movie is definitely "Evolution and Natural Selection" because throughout the movie I saw all sorts of different organisms which had different talents/abilities based on their daily lives. A great example of this is of the Shark that Marlin and Dory met. That shark was adapted to KILL. It had many rows of teeth great for eating, great sensory organs which can detect blood from far distances, and perfectly shaped fins making it great for swimming fast and making quick turns.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Kenzie - I'm glad you noticed that fish laying in the sand. Very well camouflaged - I think it actually has both eyes on one side so that it can see while laying there. So cool.

    ReplyDelete