Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mid-Term Reflection

Reflection:

1. So far in Biology, I am proud of all my work because not only did I work really hard on my projects but I also received great marks for what I did. But if I had to pick my top 3, I would say it would have to be my Evolution Video, my blog post based on Glass Frogs, and my other blog post based on the Small Pox Epidemic in Boston.

Evolution Video: I am very proud of my Evolution Video that I completed with Shanvir, because even though at first I didn't have any experience making/editing a video, I quickly learned how and produced a product that I am truly proud of. Although it took me over 3 hours to complete, I'd say it was a Job Well Done!

Glass Frog Blog: This is another amazing piece that I am proud of because instead of researching information that I have been assigned to do (like in other classes) I was able to research on stuff I was actually interested about. And not only did I learn something that interested me, I was able to learn about how Frogs have been able to adapt specifically to their environment which taught me about Evolution and Natural Selection in a way where no worksheet could do so.

Small Pox Epidemic Blog: Last but not least I am proud of my recent Blog based on the Small Pox Epidemic in Boston 1721 because while I was researching about it, I felt as if I was reliving the Epidemic all over again. Not literally, but it was as if I actually connected to this project, reason being when I grow up, I want to work in the Medical Area and this  project gave me glimpse of what to expect when I enter this type of work.

2. I think my binder reflects my work habits in a good way because when you look through it you will find that is organized, easy to access, and the work is all complete. In my opinion, a binder is a mini representative of your work habits/personality. Some may be clean, organized, and complete or even vice versa. But luckily in my case my binder only represents positive feedback (in my perspective).

3. As mentioned in "Number 1" my favourite Blogs would be the blogs about the Glass Frog and the Small Pox Epidemic because they were Blogs that I was able to make a choice to research about instead of the person in charge picking the topic. This not only to motivated me but to also allowed me to connect to my projects which gave a wonderful result in the end.

4. To me, Engagement in class means talking and participating in group conversation/activities. This might not be my strong area in class but I do try my best to speak up when I have a question and especially when we are in small groups. To improve my engagement in class I must be able to get out of my comfort-zone to speak more freely and this is what I'll do if it is what it takes to improve my engagement not only in Biology but in all my classes.

5. My Goals in this class for the rest of my semester is to keep up my hard working attitude and to try to get out of my comfort-zone more often and speak out in class more. I believe I can accomplish this goal and nothing can stop me from doing so... hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment